Do you want to join us on our journey to change the travel industry? Sembo Group is building the coolest product in travel history. Do you have what it takes to work in a fast paced and creative environment? If so, then you want to join us, and we want you!
The main aspects of the role of a Contracting Manager is to develop and establish the best commercial relationships to hotels, DMCs and 3rd party operators in your geographical area. To maximize contracts performance to ensure department targets are achieved and to build and maintain key relationships internally and externally. We can offer you a workplace where you can be based anywhere in the World, but preferably this role is based in a Nordic country, Baltics or Northern parts of Europe. You will be part of the NordBeds Contracting team, which is responsible for all purchasing for NordBeds, Sembo Group and Stena Line Travel Group.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Act as the face-to-face key point contact for hotels, DMCs and 3rd parties for your geographical area
- Maintain and expand the supplier portfolio according to targets, ensuring product diversity for our customers
- Negotiate preferential rates and conditions
- Maintain strong relationships with hotel suppliers
- Reporting to the Head of Contracting
- Representing the department/company at trade shows
- Specific projects as requested by management
You have worked in a similar position for 2-5 years for a European tour operator, bedbank or OTA and have a burning desire to be a driving force to take NordBeds, Sembo Group and Stena Line Travel Group to the next level for contracts & relationships in your areas! You have experience in direct static contracts, direct dynamic contracts/channel Manager contracts and have experience in choosing the fastest, most profitable, efficient and easiest solution for short/medium/long term contracts/relationships!
It is preferred that you have:
- Highly developed negotiation, communication, and decision-making skills
- Must be very detail-oriented with respect to documentation and communication
- Self-motivated and able to perform well under pressure
- Proven ability to operate and succeed in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good IT skills, including G-Suite
- Fluency (written and spoken) English.
- Knowledge of a scandinavian language and/or German is a plus
- Contracting experience in other Northern/Central/Eastern European countries is a plus
- Ability to conceptualize new ideas
- Understanding of suppliers and market dynamics
- Home based with frequent travel in your geographical areas
- Some travel for internal meetings and trade show attendance
We offer an exciting and varied job with good professional development and development opportunities. Here, no workflow or process is so established that it cannot be challenged by your energy and initiative. In Sembo, good ideas are valued and implemented.
NordBeds, Sembo Group and Stena Line Travel Group is part of the Stena Sphere, one of Sweden’s largest family-owned corporate groups